Monday, June 26, 2006

The Shadow of the Wind

Just finished reading Carlos Ruiz Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind, and begin to feel like re-reading it again.

Felt like having a journey to Barcelona, and still trapped in there, in the labyrinth of Zafon's words.

Can not say anything but agree with The Philadelphia Inquirer, which said, "[the book] will remind you of what it is like to read the first novel that brought you into the world of words, and the power it held, and still holds over you."

I didn't remember what my first novel was and how it impressed me. But with this one, I come to realise why I keep collecting books of this kind, how much I've admired great storytellers ever since I can read, and even dared to dream to become one. The cruel fact that I will never ever be a novelist doesn't prevent me from addicting the world of words, rather it makes my way to read and to appreciate them.

Suddenlly, running a cafe shop with a bookstore attached comes across my mind. I can almost picture it. Maybe I will go to a book store to get a part-time job to learn the tactics of book business later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a book store with cafe . sounds great. when you "see" it, just keep moving, then you will be in it.

weifen said...

hopfully.